Frequently Asked Questions
What is Parsnip and how does it work? Here are some of the questions we get most often.
How Much Does it Cost?
Parsnip is currently in free Beta. Seriously. That means that all of your matches and double opt-in introductions are completely complimentary. We will be transparent as we start to monetize our platform; and of course our current Beta users will be the first to know when we plan to introduce fee-based services or tier-based pricing. We also expect that we will always have a free version.
How Does it Work?
In order to start requesting and receiving matches, sign up! Based on what you tell us about partnerships, we’ll get to work matching you with like-minded brands. At the same time, when you opt-in to including your logo on our site, other users have the chance to initiate a partnership conversation with you, too!
Who is Parsnip for?
- Consumer-facing brands looking for B2B opportunities to grow their consumer audiences
- Events & Community Groups
- Events like Summit, TedX, and NPR’s How I Built This with Guz Raz Summit that are seeking innovative brands for product placement at their events
- Spaces & Places
- Venues, event spaces, and co-working places like The Assembly and WeWork that want to host events in collaboration with better-for-you brands
- Agencies & Service Providers
- Agencies, PR firms, accelerators, incubators, and other service providers that support the growth of better-for-you brands
- Online Retailers
- Online retailers looking for niche and innovative brands
- You value authenticity in working with a brand or event
- You’re working in the food, beverage, beauty, personal care, fitness or lifestyle space with 5,000-50,000 followers
- You are willing to accept in-kind product donation in exchange for your creation of content (at least for your first collaboration)
Why are Parsnip Matches Double Opt-In Only?
We firmly believe that double opt-in is the best way to make introductions. Most of us have been there: a well intentioned friend volunteered us to give away some of our time without asking us, and now we’re in for a coffee that we don’t actually want to make time for. Not at Parsnip. All matches are based on mutual interest, ensuring that your connection has a real chance to turn into something great.
Is Parsnip for Co-Marketing Only?
Not necessarily. Our Beta users include food and beverage brands, clothing and lifestyle companies, professional service providers, and even distribution partners. While we’re hard at work building a platform that will generate value for our users, we’re also hearing feedback from our Beta cohort that they’d like help getting on retail shelves or want to connect with one another for advice. Parsnip will evolve over time, but it was started with the idea that growing your business is easier with the right co-marketing partners.
How do Parsnip Members Collaborate?
Parsnip members work together on activities like:
- Social and email marketing campaigns
- Product placement at events and in gift or swag bags
- Distribution through gift boxes
- Secondary placement on retail shelves
- Shared demo or trade show booth costs
- Co-branded products
Where’d the Name Come From?
Sally had a moment of inspiration on a yoga mat. Parsnip is an overlooked root vegetable that also sounds a little like the word partnership. We decided to run with it, knowing that we can always change our name later. In the meantime, our members seem to like it.